Garcinia Cambogia – Potent Fruit Or Harmful?
India, Indonesia and few of the south Asian countries are said to be the home of a fruit named “Garcinia Cambogia”. It is basically the biological name of this fruit in the Biological Nomenclature, while in common languages it have several other names, including
- Brindal berry
- Kudam puli
- Malabar tamarind
Its shape is very much similar to a pumpkin, slightly small, and mixture of yellow and green color. All this together adds up beauty to this fruit and gives us the glimpse of nature’s ingenuity. Chemically Brindal berry is majorly composed of Hydrocxycitric Acid and some amount of Potassium, Chromium and Calcium.
Recent researches have shown that extractions of this fruit could help us to reduce weight. This lead to the development of products like Garcinia Extra. Furthermore, this fruit is used for the treatment for several diseases in different parts of the world.
Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
If we look into the literature, we will not be able to find too much benefits of this fruit or its extractions. Many researches have been carried out, but very few of them have supported the positive usage of Garcinia Cambogia Extracts.
Let’s have a look on few of them
- It helps to burn fat and lipid, which collectively make you obese. In simple words, it helps to reduce weight by increasing metabolic activities of the body. For example, products like Garcinia Extra, which are composed of up to 60% of HCA, are helpful in improving metabolism.
- Furthermore, it is considered as a great treatment of Dysentery.
- Garcinia Cambogia is also been used as a medicine to remove joint pain and to kill parasites in stomach.
Side Effects of Garcinia Cambogia
Everything in this world have its Pros and Cons. Earlier, you have read the pros of this pumpkin-shaped fruit, now you have to right to look at the negative side too.
Experts have carried out many researches on this fruit in order to know it’s uses and side effects in a better way.
In conclusion, these researches have warn the public not to use this fruit or its extractions above a certain level. The usage of this drug is supposed to be even more catastrophic for females as compared to males.
Have a look at the possible hazards, which a user can face while consuming an over dosage of Garcinia Cambogia
- This fruit is not recommended for pregnant women
- It can cause problems in lactation or breast feeding (suppressing the milk production)
- Excessive loss of fat, may also be problematic in the production of essential amino acids.
- It can cause overall adverse reactions in the users. 15 clinical studies were carried out in which almost 900 patients were examined and it was found out that this drug may leave negative side effect, like headache, dry mouth and dizziness.
- Some user’s complaints were reported, mentioning that this fruit may cause diarrhea or nausea.
These side effects are not severe in nature. In addition, Garcinia Cambogia is of great benefits if used in a moderate amount, not overdose nor low dose. For best results, ask your doctor about it and only use this fruit after his recommendation.
Dosage of Garcinia Cambogia
First step is to ask a doctor about using any fruit of supplement because something that is working for other may not suit you. In case, if someone is so willing to use this pumpkin-shaped fruit, then he or she can take it in pure form other than supplements.
The usage of Dr Oz Garcinia Cambogia is basically dependent on factors like age, physical condition and medical history. Still, no proper information is available about the dosage of this drug in Medical Nomenclature.
Doctors generally don’t prescribe to use this fruit or any product, made up of its extractions, particularly to females. They suggest patients to let their body grow in its own natural way.
In order to lose weight, mostly specialists recommend to take healthy diet and to burn it properly by doing exercise on daily basis.
In case, if any medical specialist allows you to use something, including supplements similar to Garcinia Extra, make sure not to increase or decrease the dosage. This will save you from any kind of harmful after affects.
Garcinia Cambogia is a great fruit when it comes to health benefits. It is used widely in many countries, especially where it is situated. On the other hand, it has few side effects too.
However in order to avoid any inconvenience, it should be used in pure form. Also, be sure of the dosage, don’t exceed or decrease it.
Garcinia Cambogia certainly works great to cut excess body fat. But, it is suggested to use other natural ways for this cause that are less harmful and effective.
Weight reduction is important but not prior to your health and safety, think about it.